5 Speed Dating Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- Make sure you're well dressed and are well-groomed. First impressions matter and cannot be changed. Our tip here is to treat your speed dating event as a first date. Right or wrong, how you present yourself says a lot about you, if you want a potential partner to take you seriously, present yourself accordingly, also when you look good, you feel good and that naturally translates in the way you speak as well as your body language.
- Don't drink too much alcohol - you'll find yourself saying things you don't mean or want. This perfectly ties in with mistake 1. If you look good and feel good, don’t ruin it with how you act. Slurring your words and saying things you don’t mean can be unattractive and creates a very bad impression.
- Be polite to everyone you meet, even if they don't seem like a good match. This goes beyond speed dating in actuality and can have implications in real life. There have been instances where people did not match to go on dates but they made great introductions that lead to lifetime friendships, business connections, occupational networks that advanced their lives. A person you rudely treat an event may be a person who holds the key to a future opportunity that comes your way. Treat everybody well, it goes a long way!
- Keep an open mind and be honest with yourself about what you're looking for in a partner. Because you do not know who will be at the event before arriving, it is important to keep an open mind and have no preconceived notions. You just may fall for someone unexpectedly surprising and also have an overall good experience.
- Don't talk about your ex, no matter how tempting it might be. You close opportunities for a potential partner when you do so. You come across as not being over your ex. Here at Calgary speed dating, since we are thoughtful, we have created profile questions to help you have conversations with the person sitting across from you. If the person is a really shy person don't be afraid to speak up if the conversation is going nowhere. Remember speed dating is a fun way to meet a potential partner, so have fun with the conversations!
Posted 2 months ago